Typical phosphor converted LED lighting starts with a blue LED light source where phosphor is added to the LED package converting the blue light into a mixture of light that appears white. Instead of placing the phosphor directly on the LED, we use a remote phosphor technology that places the phosphor away from the LED. With numerous advantages (including longer life, higher efficacy, better color consistency and even light distribution), this creates a smooth, singular light source – no pinpoint LEDs.
We discovered that red light passes through the phosphor material with very little change in wavelength or output, enabling blending of blue and red LEDs behind the phosphor to increase the red content of the light source. This not only increases the color rendering index (CRI) of the light, but it also creates a three peak light source that slightly over saturates colors making them appear more pleasing. This technology also has a higher efficacy than phosphor-based red enhancement solutions. Inspection processes that require color recognition or inspection of red, purple or brown subjects will further benefit from the red enhanced light output. Our remote phosphor technology, coupled with red enhancement and high CRI, provides seamless, superior inspection solutions.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Dimming provides adjustability for surface color, texture, and operator preference – color and light distribution do not shift when dimmed
- Zebra/Contrast with no visible LEDs provide smooth output
- Improved operator comfort
- Industrial-based control system with more than 35 years of proven applications – provides exceptional control and a wide array of communications options allowing connectivity to almost any existing control system
- High color quality with high CRI option
- General high quality light for inspection/assembly/ quality control
- Tuning for brightness or color based on inspection or operator needs
- Integrated control/ networking/display
- Eliminate hazardous waste – no lead nor mercury used in manufacturing; only highly recyclable aluminum and polycarbonate
- Light output does not show point sources, especially on reflection